When you intend to move to Canada, there are over 80 programs available. One of it’s best programs is indeed the Canada Express Entry. Initiated in
Student Work Permit
Foreign/International Student Work Permit may work on- or off-campus while studying in Canada.
International students may work off campus without a work permit for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full-time during scheduled breaks,Student Work Permit such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break. In order to be eligible to work during their studies, international students must:
- Hold a valid Study Permit;
- Be studying at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level (a list of participating institutions can be found here.);
- Remain in satisfactory academic standing as determined by their institution; and
- Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.
The Canada Government provides Student Work Permit via Post-Graduation Work Permits, i.e. PGWP. It allows qualified foreign graduates to work in Canada after their studies for a duration of up to three years.
What is Canada Post Graduation Work Permits Program (PGWP)?
The Government of Canada gives the Post Graduation Work Permit Program to bring foreign students.
A work permit gives authority to work in Canada, issued to a person who is not a Canadian national or a permanent resident of Canada.
Post Graduation Work Permits Program provides an open work permit, which allows foreign graduates to work in Canada, in any industry without the condition of a Canadian job offer at the time of applying.
It is valid only for some particular job, specific time and based on a Labor Market Impact Assessment, i.e. LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada.
What is the Canada Student Work Permit?
Post Graduation Student Work Permit issued under the PG Work Permit Program allow global students who have graduated from a Canadian university. Students may work in Canada for three years after graduation.
What is the PGWP Application Deadline Day?
This Year, the government of Canada extended the time to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit from 90 to 180 days.
Now you have the option of three months to six months after obtaining a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI verifying that the obligations to complete the program of study has done.
You must also have:
- Completed a study program from at least eight months long and led to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Student needs to secure full-time status as a student in Canada during all semester.
Cause of Student Work Permit delay processing:
When you are going to apply for Student Work Permit, these are the following factors that may delay the processing of your application, so please keep in mind before applying.
- Fee payment
- Desire documentation
- Missing signature on application forms
- Unclear photocopies of certificates
- a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
- documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
How to Apply for a Student Work Permit Program?
You can apply for a Canada Student PG Work Permit (PGWP) from inside Canada or overseas, as long as you meet the Eligibility Criteria.
Now, you have 180 days after your study permit expires to restore your status else you’ll have to leave the country.
If you have moved to Canada after graduation, you can still apply using the application for a work permit.
So, this is all about the Canada Student Work Permit. What is your take? Let me know. If you have any doubt and looking for a consultation, you can write to us. We are here to help you.
Also Read: Canada Family Immigration
International students in Canada must stop working on the day they no longer meet the above eligibility requirements (e.g., if they are no longer a full-time student during an academic session), unless otherwise authorized to do so by having applied for a work permit.
The following international students are not eligible to work off-campus:
- Students enrolled in an English as a Second Language or French as a Second Language program;
- Students taking a general interest course or program; and
- Visiting or exchange students at a designated learning institution.
Once the international student graduates, a Post-Graduation Work Permit may be obtained.
All About CLB Calculator The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) are the Canada’s national standards used in defining, assessing and identifying the English-speaking skills of the
As India is very near to China, this makes a great place of opportunity for many Indians to prefer to go to HongKong and study/work
Australia is a beautiful place to stay and work. But to go there to there are some rules and regulations laid by the Government of