Nova Scotia invites Express Entry candidates with work experience Nova Scotia new draw invites the candidates through its Labour Market Priorities Stream which is linked
Germany Job Seeker Visa
Germany Job Seeker Visa
Germany has introduced the Germany Job Seeker Visa for foreign nationals who wish to travel to Germany and look for a suitable job for themselves.
Germany is currently facing a shortage of skilled workers across multiple sectors and professions. Germans are actively looking for aspirants from professional profiles, health specialists, scientists, engineers, and IT professionals.
With a mere 7% unemployment rate, there is the immense scope and massive career development opportunities for the ambitious, skilled workers who can meet the requirements and help overcome the resource shortage in Germany.
Why Settle in Germany?
Germany is a beautiful place with vibrant cities and mesmerizing natural scenic views. Being the largest economy of Europe and the fifth largest of the World, it is a highly favorable country for the qualified and experienced people to grow professionally and enjoy a high living standard.
One of the richest and the most powerful countries of Europe, manufacturing industries have been the foundation of Germany. It is a highly industrialized yet densely populated country and has a stable job market with an abundance of jobs in manufacturing, engineering, mathematics, trades, and IT sector.
Owing to the high growth rate and low unemployment statistics, it is undoubtedly an ideal destination for talented and skilled job seekers looking to work in attractive work environments. It also offers free education to all its residents and is considered to be the safest countries across the world.
Germany, a wealthy country with a thriving economy is seeking skilled professionals for well-paid positions. It encourages and invites young and qualified professionals to settle and work at prestigious locations across all cities.
What is the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Germany Job Seeker Visa is a long residency permit that allows foreign job seekers to stay in Germany and look for a job. These foreign nationals can extend their stay to up to 6 months. During the visit, the candidate can meet and network with potential employers to find a suitable job.
The job seeker visa is not a work permit. A candidate on a job seeker visa can-not begins working until and unless he/she receives a work visa. It is only after the work visa that the candidate can live and work in Germany.
If the job seeker gets an employment offer from Germany during his/her 6-month stay, he/she is granted the work permit or work visa from Germany itself. In most cases, the employer sponsors the work visa. Also, the validity of the work visa depends upon the employer.
Why opt for a Job Seeker Visa?
Even though the Germany Job Seeker Visa does not allow the candidate to work in Germany, it offers a handful of other benefits to the candidate. Let us throw some light on them here :
- It is relatively a faster process as all Germany Job Seeker Visa applications are processed in less than six months.
- This visa makes it simpler for the candidates to secure a work permit.
- Once the candidate gets an employment offer, he/she can apply for a blue-card from there itself.
- Once the applicant completes five years of working on the German Work Visa, he/she is eligible to apply for permanent residency of Germany.
Steps to apply for a Job Seeker Visa:
Asking for the Germany Job Seeker Visa is a hassle-free process. The candidate needs to follow a few simple steps as detailed below:
- The candidate must check the eligibility criteria for the Germany Job Seeker Visa.
- Once found to be eligible, the candidate must compile all the documents needed to fill the application.
- The applicant must then fill the application form and book the visa appointment
There is not a point based system for eligibility to Job Seeker Visa but there indeed are a few prerequisites that the candidate must cross check before applying.
Following is the eligibility criteria, the applicant must :
- Possess a Master’s or a Bachelor’s Degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degrees.
- Have at least five years of experience in the respective field of study.
- Be proficient in the English language. Proficiency in the German language can be an added benefit.
- Demonstrate possession of sufficient funds to finance his/her stay in Germany for six months duration of the Job Seeker Visa.
- Possess travel and medical insurance cover for the entire rest in Germany.
- Possess at least 3.5 lakhs in liquid cash
Documents for Application:
A few reports are needed to be attached to the Germany Job Seeker Visa application for eligibility check and to ensure your application is accepted in the first attempt itself.
To avoid rejection of the application, a candidate must provide he/she has all the following documents :
- A valid passport that has been issued in the past ten years and has an expiry date of at least 12 months after your scheduled return.
- A copy of the passport’s data page.
- Three passport size photographs based on biometric specifications.
- A cover letter to explain the purpose of the visit that also details the steps to find employment opportunities in Germany and alternative career plans in case of a failure to find a job in Germany.
- Degrees and past work experience certificates.
- Detailed curriculum vitae, i.e. CV.
- Proof of accommodation in Germany.
- Evidence of financial means to manage the cost of stay for the entire duration by showcasing either one of the following documents:
- Formal letter by a sponsor staying in Germany.
- Bank account statement.
- Blocked bank account.
- Proof of personal status in the resident country, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.
- Proof of health insurance.
For quicker processing times, each candidate must prepare two copies of the documents mentioned above and take them along to the application center.
The German consular may ask the applicant to showcase additional documents if required. Also, even if the applicant possesses all the desired documents, the consular officer still holds the decision to approve or refuse the candidate’s visa request.
Application form and Appointment:
Once the candidate gathers all required documents, he/she must visit the German Embassy office and fill the application form for the Germany Job Seeker Visa.
After submission, the candidate shall be invited for an interview.It is only after the document verification and interview session that the consular takes the final decision for your visa application.
This article shares all relevant details for the Germany Job Seeker Visa Application process. Just gather the required set of documents and fill your application, you are sure to get a chance to visit Germany and land your dream job.