All About Canada Immigration Eligibility You have to check your Canada Immigration Eligibility if you want to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker through
Canada Quebec Skilled Worker Visa
Quebec has a special agreement with the Government of Canada on immigration through Quebec Skilled Worker visa. The province has its own rules for choosing immigrants who will adapt well to living there.
The Quebec immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec
Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants who intend to reside in Montreal or in another city or region within the province of Quebec are assessed under a different system than applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada. This is done through what the government of Quebec calls its ‘Regular Skilled Worker Program’, otherwise known as the Quebec Skilled Worker visa (QSWP).
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Quebec Skilled Worker Visa
- Persons interested in immigration to Quebec need to apply in two stages.
- First: Individuals applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program must apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec). This shows that Quebec has accepted the candidate for immigration to Quebec. Quebec will assess each person applying under Quebec Skilled Worker Program using its own rules
- Second: If Quebec chooses a person applying for immigration to Quebec under Quebec Skilled Worker Program then he must subsequently apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence.
- As part of the process, the candidate applying under Quebec Skilled Worker visa Program for immigration to Quebec will need to have a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). All immigrants need to have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
- Quebec Skilled Worker visa program is designed to attract skilled immigrants who opt for immigration to Quebec . The individuals entering Quebec under Quebec Skilled Worker Program become economically established upon migrating to Quebec.
Some Important Points to Know for Quebec Skilled Worker Visa
- Job Offer is not required
- Expression of Interests is valid for 1 year and candidates can able to update their profile in between any time.
- Quebec will be having draws according to their labor market needs, accordingly, if your profile matches with the draw then you will receive the Invitation.
- After receiving the ITA, the Ministry will access your application, then you will receive the complete list of required documents.
- After successfully submitting all the documents, To verify the information may be some candidates will be invited to attend the Interview.
- CSQ (Certificate of Selection) is a document which you will receive by the government of Quebec which is actually mandatory to enter the province.
- After getting an ITA, you will be having 60 days time to submit your all documents or to complete your application to obtain a CSQ letter (Certificate of Selection) as a deadline actually cuts 30 days from the previous time deadline of 90 days.
- Arrima Portal is actually a government new way to solve their Labor Market shortages in their province.
Note: All the disputes and backlogs of the previous QSWP applications which were based on first come first serve basis and on point-based basis has been sorted out as per the CIC news which came on 17th June 2019.
The government also announces that from now onwards application only can be considered for Quebec through Arrima Portal only and also this is also beneficial for the Employers of the Quebec as well, as they can fill them vacant positions by picking up the candidates through Arrima as per the CIC news.
Complete Guide for Immigration to Canada from India Immigration to Canada from India is easy, but you need to keep in mind some points which