The government of Quebec has developed an online portal known as arrima portal for expressions of interest. This is meant for those immigrants who are interested in immigrating to Quebec under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
This is a gateway for the immigrants who want to settle down in Canada. To qualify to be an immigrant one has to go get the Quebec Selection Certificate from the government. To get this, there is a program known as the Quebec Skilled Workers Program.
Why was arrima portal introduced?
The Arrima portal launched by Quebec Government in September 2018 to put an end to “first-come, first-served” under the Quebec Immigration Act and regulations.
Arrima uses the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. As per the new regulations, the Government of Quebec says, skilled workers would need to issue invitations to apply and need to apply for Quebec Selection Certificate so that it would reduce the processing time of the application.
As per the new system, anyone who is 18 years or above has to initially submit an expression of interest by creating a profile that will include details like the area of training, educational level, language skills and work experience, and other information in Arrima portal.
Quebec’s will focus filter out the candidate based on the eligibility criteria and as per the labor market requirements.
How to upload details in Arrima portal?
With a valid email id an applicant can register in the Arrima Portal and submit his or her expression of interest in Arrima Portal before it gets lapse, and this should be done before 90 days.
One needs to keep on updating their profile for the better chances of getting the opportunity to get the invite. A candidate can update information such as the IELTS International exam test scores.
After uploading the data in the Arrima Portal, these details would be verified by the government of Quebec and would see if he or she is would be qualified for the Quebec Selection Certificate by checking the certain cut-offs and other criteria.
Once the information from the Arrima Portal is verified, QSWP applications will continue to be processed where candidates will have to submit a complete application for a Quebec Selection Certificate within 90 days. The government of Quebec will verify the certificates a complete list of required documents will be available to the applicant. In this process, the candidate might also be called for the interview to verify his /her information.
Most recent invitation rounds using the Arrima Portal
Here, we are providing you with the details of the latest invitations that were sent to students using the Arrima Portal.
- On, January 16, 2020, 23 Invitations have been sent to applicants who were residing in Quebec on a study or were the first amongst the others who applied to the Regular Skilled Worker Program or work permit on June 16, 2019. Nearly 16,000 applications were canceled.
- On December 17, 2019, 220 applications have been sent by Arrima Portal who applied for a program called Regular Skilled Worker Program. Around 12,000 Applications have been rejected.
- On December 12, 2019, more than 85 candidates have been selected by the government of Quebec as they qualify the criteria as mentioned by them to stay and study there.
- On October 29, 2019, 73 Candidates had a valid offer of employment so they got the invitation from Arrima Portal. A lot many candidates who have applied for the same position got rejected as they didn’t have a proper employment offer.
- On October 23, 2019, 89 got approved, and they got the invitation as they were staying in Quebec and were even following official duties as diplomats or representatives of intergovernmental organizations or consular officers.
Few More Points
- On September 25, 2019, around 169 were lucky enough to get the invitation from the Quebec Government to work and study there. Around of 10000s of applications have been rejected as they didn’t qualify the requirements.
- On September 4, 2019, only 32 candidates got the invitation from the Arrima Portal, which is the least amongst all as compared to the others. This happened as not many candidates updated their information in the portal. This is one of the main reasons why one fails to get the invitation.
- On August 19, 2019, out of 18,000 applicants, only 444 got the invitation, as they had proper documents that were required by the Quebec Government.
- On July 17, 2019, only 295 candidates followed the guidelines, and they have been selected out of 15,000 applicants. If others would have updated their profile properly they would have got a chance to fly to Quebec.
- On July 4, 2019, around 691 got the invitation from the Arrima Portal as they have got the Quebec Selection Certificate and they possess all the documents and they kept themselves updated and used to update their portal too.
Use the Arrima Portal to upload and update your information if you want to go to Quebec. Follow the proper guidelines. Don’t miss your chance as many already did, as the statistics say. If you want to get more information about Arrima Portal and how to apply for Quebec, then feel free to contact our experts.