Canada is a beautiful country in North America. It is the world’s second-largest country by total area. If you want to stay in Canada, then you must avail of the Canada PR. Canada PR Visa allows foreigners to stay in Canada and work there. To get the Canada PR one must apply in Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Canada invites people to work there. It is open to different kinds of skills. The Canadian government has made it easy for immigrants to come and work there. the visa process is also simplified.
Benefits of Canada PR Visa:
The one who holds the Canada PR Visa will avail the following benefits:
- They will get the same rights and responsibilities as a Canadian citizen.
- We have the right to live, pursue their higher education,n and work anywhere in Canada.
- They will avail of the same social benefits that Canadian citizens take the benefits.
Restrictions for Canada PR Visa:
Those who have Canada PR Visa
- They can’t vote in Canada elections
- Can’t run any Canada government offices
- Can’t hold jobs in both the public or private sectors that require a high-level security clearance.
- As non-citizens of Canada, they cant be issued with a Canadian passport, so those who have the Canada PR Visa must use the passport of their current nationality passport with the permanent resident card for international travel.
Loss of status of Canada PR Visa:
Few things a Permanent Resident must keep in mind if they don’t want to lose the status:
- ne must stay in Canada for two years out of every five.
- If one gets involved in serious crime.
- If one fails to meet the residency requirements.
- After becoming a Canadian citizen person, one automatically loses Canada PR Visa status.
Getting a Canada PR Visa:
It is easy to get the Canada PR Visa by following certain steps
One can apply Permanent Resident either inside Canada or outside Canada.
Applications for Canada PR can be processed in the Visa Office.
- Any of the residents who are staying in Canada can apply for Canada PR visa.
- Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
- Protected temporary residents class
- Live-in caregiver class
Few things that will be verified if one applies for inside Canada:
- For Spousal applications, a relationship genuinity check is done. It will take nearly 15 to 25 months to get it to check.
- The background check is done for the candidate who applied for the Canada PR, which includes criminality, security, health, and other requirements.
If you want to apply for Canada from the outside, then you must follow the Express Entry Process. Express Entry is the easy and the best way
What is Express Entry Canada, and how to get it?
- Determine Eligibility of a Candidate:
One must be either eligible for at least one of the following :
- The Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) is open for all people around the globe.
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for people with skilled Canadian work experience.
- The Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC) is for qualified tradespersons
To Qualify FSWC, one has to get at least 67 points out of 100 points to qualify for Express Entry.
Just Like how things were verified while applying for Canada PR from inside, few things will be checked when one is applying for Canada Visa from outside. They are:
- applicants must have one year of skilled work experience,
- proficiency in either English or French
- applicant must have no criminal history
- Health should be maintained as per their criteria.
The process to create an Express Entry profile:
Eligible people need to submit an Express Entry profile to the pool of candidates. They will receive a score based on their profile, which will be ranked against the other candidates in the pool. This Ranking is based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which is of 1,200 points. These ranks are based on their career and educational history, language skills, qualifying job offer, or provincial nomination in Canada, and other factors. If the candidate CRS score is high amongst the other pool of candidates, then the chances of receiving the Invitation to Apply is much higher.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA): In these Express Entry draws, which is drawn in regular intervals, candidates who ranked certain rank are invited to apply for Canada PR Visa.
If a candidate is not invited, their profile will lapse after 12 months; after that candidate has to create a new profile for that.
Candidate can increase their Express Entry Scope by the following things:
- Updating educational credentials assessments
- Updating language scores
- Adding extra work experience
Submit your application for Canada PR Visa:
After receiving an Invitation to Apply, one has got 60 days’ time to submit complete documents for Canada PR Visa. Provide all the information online and then wait for the final decision, which will be processed within six months. One will receive authorization to activate their Canada PR Visa status once the application is approved.
What are all the requirements to create your Express Entry profile?
Documents Required for Express Entry:
- Language Test: For Express Entry, one has to proficient in English or Franch, for that one has to undergo the IELTS General Training exam or the CELPIP General exam to show proficiency in English.
For proficiency in French, you can give two exams: one is a TEF exam, and the other is the TCF exam.
- Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA): One has to submit the details of their educational qualification.
- Passport: A valid passport has to be submitted for the Express Entry profile. These three documents are enough to create Express Entry.
Things to note in your Express Entry Canada application
- You may need to show proof of settlement funds- Show the Canadian government that you have enough money to live there, and you have enough money to settle down your family, during the settlement in Canada.
- A real Job Offer is beneficial- One has to show the genuine job offer that has been received by the Canadian employee. If the job offer is fake, then you won’t be eligible for the Express Entry program to get the Canada PR Visa.
- Your details are the face of the Express Entry profile- Once one has submitted their data, which one has mentioned in the application form, and at the time of enquiring, it will be verified. Lying to the enquire officers would get the candidate into the trouble, and he or she would lose the risk of the availing the Express entry.
What would be the approximate cost of immigration?
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) $200+
- Police clearance certificate(s) Depends on the country.
- Representation by a lawyer or regulated consultant $2,000 to $5,000
- Language test(s) $200+
- Medical report $200+
- Processing fee $550
- Addition of accompanying spouse/partner $550
- Right of permanent residence fee $490
Have a handful amount of money for safety purposes. Make sure you have a minimum of 4 lakhs money with you if in case you are flying to Canada.
Eligibility for Canada PR Visa:
A few questions have to be answered to check eligible for Express Entry, which will take around 15 minutes. If you’re married, you must submit a profile and list the spouse in it. At the end of the process, CRS will generate a reference code which looks something like this: JM1234567890. Using this number, one can update their Express Entry Profile.
Things to keep in mind regarding the Express Entry
- You may remove/delete the profile at any time. Your information will be saved in your account.
- You have 60 days to complete and submit your Express Entry profile Or else the application will get lapse.
- You’ll have to start again if your application gets lapse.
- Submit your profile once the profile is filled in online
So, the conclusion of this is:
- Make your mindset to be ready to go to Canada.
- Finance is essential, have a minimum of 5 lakhs amount of money with you.
- Attend the language proficiency test, Which includes English or Franch, Attend IELTS Exam.
- Apply for Express Entry. It can be done either from inside Canada by your Canadian reference or from outside, that is via applying it online.
- Rank more in the pool. Prove your efficiency and get a chance to get the invitation to Apply.
- Upload your documents online. Get it verified.
- Attend the Interview, which will be around 15 minutes, and then answer their questions and tell them the genuine reason why you want to go to Canada and where you will stay.
- Once things are verified, you will get the date to fly to Canada.
In the Last:
Due to security reasons in Canada and as the Canadian government keeps on changing the rules and regulations from time to time, One who is planning to migrate to Canada has to get themself updated with the current process of applying for Permanent Residency in Canada. To know the latest news and updates about the Canada Visa, subscribe to our newsletters.